This Cool Journey Site is a website that supports The Cool Block program. Here is how the site manages the information provided by participants:
- Real names are collected and reflected on the site; these names are under the control of the individual participant.
- Email addresses are collected and utilized only for purposes of managing the system. Address information is collected and used internally for community management; it is not reflected on the site.
- Household CO2 footprint information is calculated by participants on behalf of their households, and shared only with others whom the leader of the household permits to see it.
- Action Plans are developed by participating households, and shared only with others whom the leader of the household permits to see it.
- Program actions planned and completed, CO2 reduction information, and “Cool Points” earned are reported by participating households, and aggregated by block and by city. This data is displayed in summary form to the public, via a “journey status” at each level.
- Personal achievements are recognized by badges and viewable by the public at each participant’s user profile.
- Discussion Forums and event management is provided for use by participants; this information is not made available to the public, except via curation processes to produce, for example, best practices.
See below for technical detail relating to the above.
- What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, self-reported behaviors or other details to help you with your experience.
- When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site, or provide us with feedback on our products or services.
- How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
To personalize user's experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
To improve our website in order to better serve you.
To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- How do we protect visitor information?
We store all information in a database that is password protected. We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards, as we only provide articles and information; we never ask for credit card numbers. We do not use malware scanning, as there is no software uploaded or downloaded from this journey site. We do not use an SSL certificates because we do not ask for sensitive information such as credit card numbers.
- Do we use 'cookies'?
- If users disable cookies in their browser: some features will be disabled. It will turn off some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly, such as: Auto-fill, Auto-login, and remaining logged in over time.
- Third-party disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- Third-party links
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.We do, however, utilize Google Analytics.
- California Online Privacy Protection Act
- According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users are able to change their personal information by logging in to their account.
- How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
- Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
- COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under 13.
- In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur: We will notify the users via email within 7 business days. We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
- CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
- We collect your email address in order to: uniquely identify your account, send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following. We will:
NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at at the address below and we will promptly remove you from our newsletter list.
- Contacting Us
The Cool Block
Last Edited on 2016-06-08