Coolblock.org is a website that supports The Cool Block program.
Here is how we use your information:
- We collect your name and email for registration and contact purposes only.
- We aggregate the actions you take to show the collective impact of the program. This allows you and the other participants to see the collective drops filling the bucket.
- Your block leader and team coach are provided with your information for coaching purposes only. Your city, if participating in a cool block initiative, is provided aggregate data and knowledge of whether you or your block qualifies for their recognition program.
Additional Technical Detail:
- How do we protect visitor information?
We use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) service to protect your data submissions to us. We store all information in a database that is password protected.
- Do we use 'cookies'?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, some efficiency features will be disabled, such as: auto-fill, auto-login, and remaining logged in over time.
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site. We do, however, utilize Google Analytics.
- According to the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CALOPPA) we agree to the following:
- In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur: We will notify the users via email within 7 business days.
- Contacting Us
The Cool Block
Last Edited on 2018-06-08